Last haul for a while...

Sunday, 1 January 2017


Unfortunately, the second half of 2016 took a bit of a spendy turn. After purchasing a few last bits for myself for Christmas, this is going to be the last haul for quite a while if I can help it! But I've got a good mix of new and old releases to show you so let's jump in!


Lush Rose Jam and Bubbly Shower Gels

Every year I regret not picking up a bottle of Rose Jam. It is such a warm and cozy rose scent that I was determined to get even just a little one this year. Bubbly on the other hand is a mouth-wateringly sweet orange-lime scent that closely contends Rose Jam for best Lush holiday scent. This was the first year I was anywhere near low on shower gel so I could finally justify the purchase!

Real Techniques Miracle Sculpting Sponge
This little fellow did not receive great reviews when it launched a few weeks ago but because I use so many cream bronzers and highlighters, I thought it would be worth a try! Let me know if you want more information or a review in the future!

Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray
I haven't been able to get this product out of my head for months. I love a good face mist and the cooling effect of this one really appeals to me. So far, I can't say I love the high alcohol content but we'll see how it goes!

Revlon Kiss Balm in Juicy Peach
The newest release from Revlon is an addition to their crayon balm lines. Honestly, I just can't resist a peach flavoured or scented product for the life of me so I just had to give this a try! Luckily I like it so far (even if I probably didn't need anymore lip balms!)

NudeStix Eyebrow Stylist & Gel
I very rarely try out new eyebrow products but I thought this little duo product would be heaps convenient. So far, I am finding the adjustment from powder to pencil really difficult as the triangle shaped pencil is nowhere near as ergonomically designed as I imagined. Jury's still out on this one.

Zoeva Strobe Gel in Halo and Cover FX Perfect Powder Illuminator in Moonlight
It wouldn't be a real haul without too many highlighters. The putty consistency of the Zoeva Stobe Gel intrigued me but even after only two uses I am so far from impressed. Stay tuned for a full review of this bad boy. The Cover FX Perfect Powder Illuminator may look like nothing much in the pan but I always hear bloggers rave about this as an unsung highlighter hero. After a quick Sephora swatch session, it looked perfectly worthy of entering my more 'natural' highlighter collection.

See? Far too much. But here's to getting much more use out of the products I already have next year and learning to love the extra money in my wallet!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment