Goals for 2017

Saturday, 7 January 2017


The holiday season is officially over and the first week of 2017 is under our belt. I'm sure you've read dozens of resolution posts this week but I love the idea of making your goals public to keep you accountable. Please feel free to share your goals with me in the comments!
I'm not the biggest fan of the idea of 'resolutions' because it sounds like you're attempting to 'solve' your past habits and attitudes instead of striving for growth and change as an inevitable part of being human. I prefer to set myself goals that I can work for and feel a sense of achievement when I do reach them.

Refocus on blogging what I love
I've been posting on Miss Julziez now for four years and I think it's finally time for me to really focus on creating the content that I truly love writing and reading. Expect a shift towards critical or ideas-based beauty blogging instead of product-based. Also feel free to leave suggestions!

Control 'extra' spending
I have been known to get a bit frivolous and impulsive when it comes to spending. 2016 was the year I learnt how to commit myself to saving and this year will see me crack down on my destructive spending habits. I'm expecting this to be my most challenging goals so wish me luck!

Reduce waste
This goes hand-in-hand with my previous goal in that I want to stop creating so much physical waste around me. I'm not looking to convert to a zero waste lifestyle but becoming more conscious of how I impact the environment would be a start!

Take more risks
Now, I'm no daredevil. I don't mean risks in the traditionally dangerous sense but more tame, like trying new restaurants, going to events that aren't run by my friends, and being more creatively ambitious. A change is as good as a holiday, right?

Start doing, not dreaming
This is probably my biggest goal and also my most vague. I've been writing poetry recreationally for years now and I've always mused about when I would start taking my writing seriously and commit to the career I want to pursue. This is the year to finally make the time to make this happen!

With 51 weeks to go, I'm excited at the prospect of making 2017 my most successful year yet!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment