Holiday Wishlist

Wednesday, 9 November 2016


Can you believe it? Christmas time already! This time of year is so hyped in the beauty community when all the brands launch their holiday collections. Every year I get so excited and write a wish list miles long so this year I'm sharing it with you!


The most exciting collection in my opinion comes from NARS. The Sarah Moon collaboration collection promises to be a great mix of new and old formulas in some pretty spiffy packaging. The set that most caught my eye initially was the Non-Fiction Touch-Up Kit. I've been looking at the Chelsea Girls lip gloss for ages and have always heard good things about the translucent setting powder. The only problem is that Temptalia gave the set a very negative review, saying the setting powder was far too stiff to use. It's put me off a bit! But the rest of the launches still call for a swatch, especially the Recurring Dare Cheek & Lip Palette and the Shadow Side Eye Set.

I also love the look of the MAC Nutcracker collection. It's very exciting to see the relaunch of the cult-classic Whisper of Guilt. I prefer the other colour way of the Peach Face Palette. I have to say, though, that I'm incredibly disheartened to see such an extreme mark-up between the US collection and the Australian launch. The mini lip sets and eye kits look great but not for the price they're asking.

Speaking of expensive, a little part of my heart hopes to get my hands on the Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Precious Embroidery. It's not a revolutionary colour combination or a particularly remarkable formula but it's just so pretty! 

And then there's Omorovicza. They released a holiday set last year that I was pretty gutted to miss out on so it will not be the same this year! It's also just a great deal with the whole set costing the same as the Thermal Cleansing Balm on its own.

What are you eyeing up this holiday season? Let's enable each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment