Cushion Collection

Wednesday, 16 November 2016


Cushion makeup products, especially cushion foundations, are nothing new but 2016 saw them take the Western beauty world by storm like the BB cream did back in 2014. I have to say I have completely fallen in love with the form and have been snatching up all sorts of different cushion products to give them a try!
My first gamble was on the L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation, the first drugstore cushion foundation release in Australia. The shade range is pretty limited and still leans a bit too yellow, as is customary with L'Oreal foundations, but it's sheer and glowy enough to blend out into a good match.

What I love most about cushion foundations is how easy they are to apply on the go. I spend a lot of time on public transport and finding a foundation I can apply on the train without an additional mirror, brush, and/or getting my hands covered in product is a miracle. I'm one who likes using the included sponge because it's just firm enough to pick up the product but also pliable enough to press the foundation into the skin for the best finish.

Probably the most annoying aspect of cushion foundations, though, is how little product is contained in the compact. Most cushion foundations only have 3/4 or half of the usual 30mL foundation size so you don't get nearly as much use out of cushion foundations.

Other than foundations, heaps of other makeup products are also available in cushions like concealer, blush, highlighter, and even eyeliner. I picked up a Blush Cushion from 3CE in the shade Pink and it works in very much the same way as a cushion foundation: it's very sheer (probably sheerer than you'd expect) and dewy. But it builds up very well to an easily blended flush on the cheeks that looks natural and radiant over the top of a dewy foundation. It makes me seriously want to try other cushion blush formulas to see if they vary in pigmentation and wear.

I'm slowly building up a little cushion collection and swapping them in and out of my travelling makeup bag. I feel like they're the most versatile and convenient products in my makeup collection and I cannot get enough of a good cushion!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment