Recent Purchases | September

Tuesday, 4 October 2016


I seem to have caught the spendy bug after a purchase heavy August and, now, a purchase heavy September, as well! I chalked most of the purchases up to September being my graduation month and wanting to treat myself a bit, as well as the Sephora 20% Black Card Member Sale which came up last weekend. So let's jump into what I got!




I am an eyeshadow enthusiast to say the least. I love collecting eyeshadow more than any other makeup product so I picked up two new palettes this month to try out! The first is one I have been eyeing for easily over a year: the Make Up For Ever 9 Artist Shadow Palette 1. This is one of two permanent palettes with the Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows and it's the more neutral of the two options. What I love about it is how shimmery and cool-toned it it, right up my alley, really! I haven't had a chance to try out the shadows but I have always heard plenty of people rave about the formula so I'm looking forward to it!

The next one is hands-down the most expensive makeup product I have ever purchased! I have always been interested in trying Surratt Beauty products since the brand launched at Mecca Cosmetica years ago. It's a little talked about luxury brand where you can build your own palette form the eyeshadow and blush options from the brand. I decided to treat myself on my graduation day but creating my own purple eyeshadow quad with a Petite Palette and four Artistique Shadows in Soie, Ravissante, Ombre, and Tyrian. I'm wearing the shades today and they are so soft and so blendable so I would definitely recommend checking out the brand if you have some money to splash around!

The most impulsive purchase from my Sephora 20% off haul is definitely the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara. I've never really purchased a luxury mascara before and I had only ever entertained the idea of this one because it is so well reviewed online. I love some volume so I just decided to get it! I'll let you know what I think when I crack it open!


It doesn't stop there! I also swung into the Sephora Macquarie Centre store's birthday celebration earlier in the month to have a squiz at any new releases. Lo and behold, the Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow Duos had launched so I scooped up the shade Flesh & Fantasy as it was the most wearable and also the least like anything I already own. I love the warm, neutral flush it gives to my cheeks and I expect I'll be wearing it a heap over summer! On a bit of a bummer note, I wanted to mention some pricing confusion I've experienced around this product because I purchased it in-store for $39 without a discount or any sort of advertised introductory offer. Since then, I've seen it listed online and in-store at $68, which is a huge price difference! This isn't the first time I've seen dodgy pricing from Sephora Australia so let me know if you'd like to hear more about that!

If I don't already talk about her enough, Anna, from the Anna Edit, is probably my favourite blogger of all time. I trust her word over pretty much anyone else and recently I have been following up heaps of her recommendations. The first purchases were from the 3CE x Barbapapa collaboration. I mean, look at those adorable little big plump faces. I purchased the Fitting Cushion Foundation in 01 and the Blush Cushion in #Pink from the Sephora Australia website after I saw they'd sold out on Cult Beauty. I'm having a teeny love affair with cushion products at the moment so these were a no-brainer for me, even though the foundation is a touch yellow, I think a summer glow will suit it just fine. I'll have plenty more to say about these in an upcoming post.

Then Anna's been raving about the Cover FX Customer Enhancer Drops in Sunkissed. With my pale skin, liquid bronzer usually makes me want to run a mile in the opposite direction, but with so much positive mention from Anna, and the fact that I love the highlighter shade I picked up last month (check out my first impression here) I decided to purchase it. Today was my first attempt and I applied WAY too much, so this one is going to required some experimentation.


I bet you thought we were done but I bought some skincare, as well! I cannot stop myself from buying masks at the moment because I honestly love a good mask. The launch of the Body Shop's new mask range really intrigued me with the wide range of lush ingredients and a beautiful revamp of their packaging. I chose the British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask because it reminded me a lot of the Fresh Rose Mask. As the Body Shop is far easier to access in Sydney than Fresh, I decided to give it a go! To help with applying the mask, I also picked up the Body Shop Facial Mask Brush. I think it adds a bit of luxury to any mask application!

And finally I took advantage of a Myer voucher by hitting up Kiehl's. I've had my eye of the Tumeric & Cranberry Seed Energising Radiance Masque since its launch earlier this year so now was the time for me to pick it up! Something about the bright orange packaging really reminded me of summer which encouraged me to add the Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Hydrating Mist. If I love a mask, I love a mist, and the bright green of this one really drew me to it! I know it's a very simple way of shopping but sometimes the packaging really makes the difference for me.

And there we have it! After a few sales, special occasions, and recommendations, these are my purchases for the month of September. Let me know if you've used any of these products before or if you have any recommendations to share, please do!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment