A life planner update

Friday, 7 October 2016


At about this time last year I properly stumbled into the online planner community and I fell in love with this new creative hobby. I jumped right on board and purchased my first Erin Condren Life Planner before scouring Etsy for different sticker shops to purchase from. A year on, it's time for me to reflect and decide whether or not this is a hobby I want to continue pursuing.


You can check out my introduction of my ECLP from back in February to see how enthused I was with the hobby and the community. What I loved the most was how planning and stickering was like a contained sort of creativity. It was being creative within pretty clear boundaries and boarders. And I loved that because it didn't require too much extra thought or experimentation. Like most planners, I loved the therapeutic aspect of the tactile stickering and the crazy organiser in me also loved being able to plan prettily!

I've bought a lot of stickers this year and watched a lot of stickering and planning videos. I also haven't missed a single week in my own planner! I did really love the hobby but, after a year, I think I've worn out the enthusiasm. Next year I will be returning to uni and I will have even less free time than I have now so I'm really looking for a planning solution that's a bit more practical. I've been looking a lot at planners from Rifle Paper Company and the Passion Planner as more straight-forward or driven ways of planning both long- and short-term.

It's a bit sad to be saying goodbye to something I really enjoyed but all good things must come to an end! If you have any planners to recommend, please do! Otherwise, let me know if you've ever fallen out of love with a hobby before and what was it?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment