Review | Too Faced Born This Way Concealer

Monday, 19 September 2016


The Too Faced Born This Way Foundation was a huge hit a year or two ago so it was no surprise that the launch of its accompanying concealer was the most hyped concealer launch I've seen in a long time! I haven't tried the foundation but the 'Naturally Radiant' claims of the concealer meant I had to put it in my basket.

We'll start with the fact that the shade range is one of the best that Mecca carries. Even with only 10 variations, the shade spectrum is one of the better ones for both pale and deep skinned people. My shade is the lightest in Very Fair and it blends very well with my skin tone while also brightening under the eyes, as well.

The texture is a rather thin, though not liquidy, wet formula that blends very easily into the skin. I haven't had any trouble using either my fingers or a beauty sponge to blend around my face. While the coverage is more of a medium than full, it works as a light layer under the eyes without caking up or creasing too badly. I've found it a bit difficult to blend over the top of blemishes only because the thin consistency moves the product across the skin more than I'd like for spot concealing.

Too Faced's claims of 'Naturally Radiant' are spot on with a satin/dewy finish once the concealer has set on the skin. It doesn't crease any more than all other concealers do in the fine lines under my eyes but they blend away really easily with my fingers throughout the day.

Other major claims include that the coconut water, rose, and hyaluronic acid ingredients boost natural moisture levels in the skin while using. I can definitely see how these ingredients impact the product texture and consistency and it can't exactly damage your under eyes with continued use! But I always have my doubts about how effective skincare ingredients are when infused with makeup. I personally can't say I've noticed an actual difference in my skin after using this concealer.

This concealer has quickly flown to the top of my favourites list for just being incredibly easy to use. It applies easily, blends easily, wears easily, and looks good! This release makes me want to go back and purchase the original foundation to see how it compares to its concealer off-shoot. If you pick up a base product this month, I highly suggest it be the Too Faced Born This Way Concealer.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment