Recent Purchases | August

Monday, 29 August 2016


August has been a real spendy month for me with the Priceline skincare sale and the opening of both a new Sephora and a refurbished Mecca in Sydney. I stumbled across quite a few products that I decided to pick up this month so today I'm going to share the makeup bits I've added to my collection. If you want to see my recent skincare purchases, check out this video.
My friend went on a trip to New York in July and, knowing me very well, asked if there was anything I'd like her to purchase for me. I'm actually planning a US trip with the family later this year so the only thing I requested was the MAC Cool Neutral x15 Palette. I love cool neutral shadows and even with my own MAC x15 eyeshadow palette, I don't own any of the shades in this pre-made palette which made it an obvious purchase for me. I'm still playing around with it but I do love having new MAC shades to get to know and I seriously appreciated the discount!

If you've been keeping up with my project pans recently, then you know I was trying to pan the Urban Decay Naked Concealer before I deemed it too bad to use and pulled it from my project. I still can't bring myself to bin it but I needed a new concealer for my everyday makeup and decided to try something new. I was really intrigued by the Stila Aqua Glow range when it launched last year so I picked up the serum concealer this month. It has a very thin consistency that you squeeze out of a tube. While I like the coverage and the finish, I think it's quite a sticky texture and it leans pretty yellow for my cool-toned skin. Not a bad one, just not awesome.

Sephora opened another Sydney store in the Broadway shopping centre and I swung by the opening week to see what a new store had to offer. I have to say it had a disappointingly small skincare section but I can't turn my nose up at more Sephoras, really. To celebrate a new store I picked up the new Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Cellestial and the Beauty Blender Beauty Blusher to apply it. This highlighter looks like liquid metal so I think a Beauty Blender will be the best thing to sheer it out on the skin.

I also expanded my Marc Jacobs collection with the Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer and the Glistening Illuminator Glow Stick in Spotlight. I haven't had a chance to use the primer, yet, but I love the wet look of the highlighter. I'm not quite sure the best way to apply it as the hard texture doesn't warm up easily and doesn't necessarily play well over foundation but I'm getting used to it.

Last week Mecca opened a refurbished store in Myer Sydney City and I had to drop in on opening day, especially since the Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks had only launched a few days before. After a major swatch-fest I decided to purchase Sheer Liar, a rosy sheer lipstick which is very smooth and cushiony on the lips. I think I'll definitely pick up other colours but I'm happy with my first purchase. Too Faced also expanded their Born This Way range with the Naturally Radiant Concealer. Because I've suddenly developed an interest in testing new concealers, I picked up the lightest shade and have just started trying it out.

The bummer of the group is the Colour Theory Define Mascara. A budget option, I purchased it to try some more affordable mascaras but I'm not a fan at all. The plastic brush is very stiff and pokes my eyes heaps while using it. Plus it just doesn't give enough drama to the lashes so it's a no-go for me.

What have you purchased recently? Let me know if you want any updates for my recent purchases!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment