August Beauty Favourites

Wednesday, 31 August 2016


I don't usually do favourites posts anymore but if you've been keeping up with my recent hauling then you know I've spent the last month trying quite a few new products and I want to share how they've been working for me.


I'll start with the more general idea of concealers. If you follow my project pans then you know that I decluttered the Urban Decay Naked Concealer from my collection and that sent me on a bit of a hunt for a new concealer that I actually enjoyed using. Since then I've purchased a few and drawn some out of my back-up stock to experiment with in a way I haven't ever really done with concealer before. For a long time I treated concealer as mostly one and the same, but recently I've enjoyed getting to know the different textures, colours, and consistencies available out there. Right now I'm really enjoying the Too Faced Born This Way Concealer and the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye.

For a very, very long time I had my eye on the MAC Eyeshadow x15 Cool Neutral Palette but the nearly $200 price tag always kept me at bay. That is, until my friend took a trip over to the US and offered to pick me up some beauty bits. Even with the horrendous conversion rate, I saved over $100 having my friend purchase this palette overseas (the Australian price has recently dropped but the price difference is still ridiculous). It's exciting to be dabbling in a new eyeshadow palette after 8 months of Pan that Palette but one shade in particular that stands out to me is Blackberry. It's a dark burgundy matte shade that I have been loving wearing in my outer corner to darken up neutral looks for something a bit different. I feel like I've always heard negative reviews of this shade but it's easily a stand-out for me.

And the last newbie I want to mention is the Marc Jacobs Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator in Spotlight. I don't know what it is about highlighters in a stick that appeals so much to me but I always imagine they're going to change my life with their super convenience and perfect glow. I can't say I've come across a highlighter that amazing before, but I do love the way this one looks on my skin. It's definitely a product I have to apply with my fingers as it's a bit too dry for a brush or sponge, but the fine shimmer in it gives my cheeks the perfect wet look so I'm more ethereal than disco ball. I can see myself getting a whole lot of use out of this over tinted moisturiser this summer.

Did any products catch your fancy this August?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment