Current Beauty Favourites

Wednesday, 27 July 2016


I have really slacked off on the favourites posts this year: probably because I don't often switch my beauty routines up each month and, therefore, don't have new products to talk about every month. Instead of the regular instalments, I've decided to just show you what I've been using and loving most recently!
We'll start with the only non-makeup item: Elizabeth and James Nirvana White. I smelt this way back when it was first released in 2014 and absolutely loved it but, because I constantly have too many perfumes, I decided to delay the purchase. And I delayed really well until about May this year when I bit the bullet and purchased the rollerball size. With notes of peony, lily of the valley, and musk, this is a beautiful light but sensual floral scent that I'm currently reaching for when I want to feel like I'm rocking it.

I don't know what it was about the YSL Touche Eclat Neutraliser in Violet that really caught my attention. I've never tried the cult Touche Eclat highlighting concealer but something about the idea of brightening with a pastel purple sounded right up my alley. Especially once I'd swatched it and saw that it was a liquid highlighter actually lighter than my skin tone! I love using this over my concealer, under my powder, under my eyes and across the cheekbones. It blends really well and subtly brightens just enough. It's an added step so I don't pull it out on the daily but it serves exactly the purpose I hoped for it!

On my lips I've actually been loving this sample of the Tarte Tarteist Lip Liner in Latergram. It's a darkened pink-nude on my skin tone (along the lines of Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare) and it's great for something a bit deeper for everyday. It's a very dry formula and settles quite matte on the lips to make whatever you put on top last for ages. I don't love how small the tip of the sample is because I worry that it'll snap off but if the full-sized is bigger then I'll definitely pick it up soon.

After a recommendation from Jaclyn Hill, I've been checking Sephora regularly for restocks of the Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Gloss Lip Lacquer Lipglosses, especially in her preferred shade Sugar Sugar. I'm still on the hunt for that one! But in the meantime, I picked up Pretty Thing, instead. It's a great pink-nude on me and I cannot get enough of it. It is so easy to throw on for any makeup look, feels very smooth on the lips, and smells like mint chocolate! I don't know what brought on the sudden interest in nude lips but it is doing things for me.

And last but not least is a product that I waited literally years to add to my collection, for who knows what reason! The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes are beautiful products with an easy, silky texture that blends really well into the skin. The shade Mood Exposure looks like nothing in the pan, but on the skin, it gives a beautiful natural rosy flush to my cheeks that I can see myself wearing for the rest of the year. I think it's one of those shades that looks completely different on everybody so be sure to swatch it before purchasing one of these pricy powders for yourself. Look out for a lot more of it on here, though!

What have you been loving recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment