Weekly Wrap-Up | fifteen

Monday, 6 June 2016


We had a pretty big week here on the blog this last week with some more lifestyle-y posts and a few video updates. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come as I let go of uni and find more time to dedicate to this little online space of mine.
Last weekend I explored the Vivid Sydney festival with my family on a lovely Sydney evening. I took heaps of pictures and made a blog post of my favourites, inspired by a recent vlog from one of my favourite Youtubers, Sharon Farrell. She also visited the festival recently and got some lovely shots, too!

Then, we were back to regularly content on Wednesday where I discussed some of the different ways we makeup lovers deal with our beauty spending habits. Joining the project panning community has made me particularly aware of the strategies I, and others, employ to keep our spending on track and within budget, as much as possible. I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on how you keep track of your beauty spending or if you even pay it any attention at all!

For a sneaky little extra this week I posted my May Wrap-Up where I share all the books I read or started in the month of May and tell you what I thought of them. It was a pretty mixed month considering I picked up so few books but there were some real good ones in the mix if you're looking for some recommendations!

And we finish this week off, as usual, with a project update. It's been five months of working on my Project Use It Up and I can't exactly say things are going swimmingly! I set myself some really ambitious goals for May and you'll just have to watch the video to see how those results impacted on my new June goals! I am getting back into the swing of this project which I'm really happy about but we'll just have to wait and see how the rest of this year pans out (pun intended).

Weekly Interest
Today, actually, was the final due date for my last linguistics assignment of my degree and, probably, for the rest of my life. I have thoroughly enjoyed (and sometimes really, really struggled with) studying linguistics for the past four years and it's going to be very weird to enter this new linguistics class-less new life. But, honestly, it's a field that interests me a great deal and I'm sure I'll investigate it further later in life if only through lay-people non-fiction publications.

How did you spend the first week of June? I hope the weather is better wherever you are!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment