Weekly Wrap-Up | twelve

Sunday, 8 May 2016


Another week, another weekly wrap-up. After slacking off for a few weeks, I've got some video updates to pump out and some new ideas I want to start trialing on the blog. Feel free to leave feedback and suggestions on anything you dis/like over the coming weeks!
Monday began my first change: I want to start making more long, discussion-y type posts about the makeup industry, the beauty community, my relationship with makeup, etc. I have a lot of feelings and I want to share them! To kick this off, I discussed the pros and cons of luxury beauty brands in comparison to other more affordable brands. I often wonder how genuine my interest in luxury beauty is or whether it's part of the general makeup hype. And what is so appealing about it anyway??

Then began my video updates: it's been two months since my last Pan That Palette update so it's time to share what I've been doing in March and April. I'm very happy to report that I've made some great progress on my project and am enjoying the other shadows I'm cycling through to use in conjunction with my project palette. I was really nervous about this project at the last update but things are looking up!

And, then, because it's the first week of a new month, I shared my Project Use It Up April Wrap-Up and May Goals. I talked a bit about how I'm getting bored about the repetitive nature of Project Use It Up and how I show you the same products every month without finishing anything, so this time around I'm getting more ambitious and I'm really hoping it pays off!

Weekly Interest
I'm currently undergoing a fashion identity crisis as I realise that I hate everything that I own. So, I've been trolling heaps of online stores looking for my new 'style' which eventuated in me finally making the plunge and buying my first Dr Martens. They are beautiful and are perfectly designed for lots of cute sock displays. Do you ever purchase something outside of your comfort-zone and it feels like an entire new world has opened up for you? Yeah, that's me right now.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment