Weekly Wrap-Up | fourteen

Sunday, 29 May 2016


The university semester is coming to a close and I am ready to get stuck into beauty again! This week has been a bit of a weird mash-up from opposite spectrums of the beauty community but that's what keeps things interesting, right? I'd love your feedback on both aspects so be liberal with your comments.
I'm loving getting a bit wordy with some discussion style posts over the last month. It started with talking about beauty buying guilt and this week I shared my thoughts on whether or not makeup is shallow. It's one of those things all beauty lovers think about because it's a pretty general consensus in our society that makeup is vain and shallow, but are they right? Spoiler alert: I don't think so.

Then swinging to the far other end of things, we've got your classic haul. Sephora Australia had a 20% sale and I completely took advantage. I actually surprised myself with the amount of stuff I purchased but I'm really happy with what I picked up so I'm very excited to say the least. 

Weekly Interest
Last week I talked about the Sydney Writers' Festival and this weekly interest has ensued from that: Kate Tempest. Rapper, musician, playwright, poet, Kate Tempest is honestly one of the coolest women I've ever come across. In fact, she actually walked past me more than once at the festival! I picked up one of her poetry collections (Hold Your Own) and one of her plays (Hopelessly Devoted) and I have fallen in love all over again! I highly recommend you check out some of her performances on Youtube if you've got a spare minute.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment