My Favourite Skincare Ingredients

Wednesday, 23 March 2016


Since starting this blog, I have really grown to love skincare. Researching products and ingredients, working out what works and doesn't with my skin type, and obsessing over new and amazing products. And, over the years, I've come up with my little list of favourite skincare ingredients: the ones that work best for me and that I seek out in all my products.
Hyaluronic Acid
This ingredient really had it's moment a few years ago when it hit the drugstore market in a big way. It's the ingredient widely recommended to people with dry skin because it can hold 6 litres of water in 1 gram. It adds a real pack of hydration to the skin and helps strengthen the outer layer to maintain moisture levels. When I'm feeling dry and dehydrated, this is the ingredient I turn to.

Vitamin C
I don't know about you, but I find the huge array of vitamin letter and number combinations very confusing at the best of times. This one, though, I know and love well. Vitamin C is brightening and gets rid of any dullness that works its way into my skin after a long week at uni. It also acts very quickly so appears in a lot of quick-rinse masks.

Rosehip Oil
Easily the most popular skincare oil on the market, rosehip oil has all the benefits of providing natural hydration and nutrition to the skin but with the added perk of aiding in pigmentation and scar lightening. It also really works to prevent signs of ageing. You can find it as an ingredient in serums, cleansers, and moisturisers but also as a pure oil.

What are your favourite skincare ingredients?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment