Makeup for Pale Skin

Monday, 14 March 2016


I am a member of the Pale Skin Club and have been dealing with that for my whole life. It means that finding makeup products to suit my translucent complexion can be a bit difficult. If you're also a member of this exclusive club, these are my tips for the best makeup products to make your skin glow.
BB Creams
A fantastic invention that sprung out of Korea a few years ago, the BB cream is a light-weight, super easy to wear base product that combines skincare and makeup in the very best way. Unfortunately, many BB creams only come in one shade and they're typically most suitable for paler skin. They also typically have a grey tint which makes it look very natural on the skin. BB creams are my most reached for base and I highly recommend giving them a try if you haven't before.

I recommend: Dr Jart+, Skin 79

Pink/white Highlighters
Everybody loves a good golden goddess glow but sometimes a bronze or gold highlighter shade can look very unnatural on pale skin. Instead, I love a pink or white toned highlighter because it blends easier into the skin and doesn't look so much like a smudge of sunlight on your face.

I recommend: Benefit High Beam, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl

Light Bronzers
A lot of pale girls hesitate to use bronzer because it can very quickly become a muddy mess but, with a little searching, you can find a a few bronzers light enough. For many years I skipped bronzer but once I started using them, I really fell in love with the way bronzer adds warmth and shape to the face.

I recommend: the Body Shop Honey Bronzer, Urban Decay Flushed Palette in Streak

Peachy/Pink Blushes
Just like the highlighters, certain blush colours can look a bit too unnatural on pale skin, like berries or oranges. I'm not someone to tell you to limit what makeup you wear, you do you, but some colours are just going to be more flattering. I like using peachy or pink (or peachy-pink) blushes because they blend easily into my pale complexion and look like a natural flush.

I recommend: MAC Pinch O Peach, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure, MAC Fleur Power

What are your favourite makeup picks for pale skin?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment