Review | It Cosmetics Face

Wednesday, 13 January 2016


It Cosmetics kind of came out of nowhere about two years ago with lots of quick hype about their Bye Bye Undereye Concealer and Bye Bye Redness Corrector. Now, they're firmly in the cosmetics mainstream and I finally got a chance to try out two of their much raved-about base products.
I was both surprised and amused after purchasing the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ contained snail discharge rather high up in its ingredients list. It's one of those cringe-y ingredients that Western markets recoil at but Eastern beauty companies have been utilising for years so I can understand why it featured in a base product that claims to look great on your skin but to also improve it over time. It's a fad that I can properly get behind when makeup companies start merging and incorporating skincare into their products.

While it's described as a CC cream, the Your Skin But Better CC+ packs well more than a light, tinted moisturiser coverage. Depending how much you want to apply, this product is easily a medium to full coverage base. I found a bit too much product on my normal/dry skin did look a bit noticeable and not as easy-breezy as you might expect from a BB/CC cream.

I debated for a while between the original formulation and the illuminating version but decided that a luminising primer could add as much glow to the skin as any product with a bit of glitter in it. I am so glad I went with the original because this stuff is DEWY! This is the only base product in my collection that I will not wear without powdering because it looks greasy upon first application otherwise. I have no idea how an oily-skinned person would cope with this level of sheen unless they were using a really mattifying primer. I also tend to touch-up the powder throughout the day because the dew in this product plus my highlighter is just too much, even for me.

Generally, I would say this product applies and wears well if you can get over the fact that the packaging can be a bit misleading. I adore the added SPF, I must say, that's the real cherry on top knowing my skin is protected for the long term.

After releasing their much-hyped Bye Bye Undereye Concealer, It Cosmetics re-released it in a double-ended package beside the Hello Light Eye Brightener as an Eyelift in a Tube. I have dark undereyes (especially on Mondays) so I was really interested in trying the brightener. It's a peachy coloured product aimed at cancelling blueness under the eyes and it's very thin to make it easy to blend and wear underneath the accompanying concealer.

I've never been one to layer products under my eyes because I could not understand how using more products could make your skin look better, especially on such a soft, delicate area. This duo has definitely changed my mind. Without the brightener, I find the Bye Bye Undereye Concealer a thick, goopy, yellow mess. But when blended into the peachy, lighter shade, this makes my undereyes look smooth and flawless. It's almost as dewy as the CC+ cream so be sure to set with powder if you don't want your mascara to move around too much. But this product easily rates as the best for my undereyes that I've ever used and currently resides as my favourite in my collection.

Have you tried any of the It Cosmetics face products or have you dabbled in their coloured products?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment