Pink Pouts

Wednesday, 27 January 2016


For many years I didn't tend towards pink lip products, thinking them a bit insipid to be honest. But in recent months I've become quite enchanted by a simple pink lipstick for everyday.
The Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Watermelon is perhaps the least true pink of the bunch, leaning more towards a pink-coral. But, like the others, it is brightening and easy to wear. The Amazonian Butter Lipsticks are a sheerer formula, with a shiny finishing that tends to dry out the lips a bit when it dries down. I love this for adding colour when I'm not wearing a full face of makeup.

For something a tad bolder, I reach for the Bite Luminous Creme Lipstick in Rose. This formula is creamy and very comfortable to wear. The pigment is really rich but can be blended into the lips for more of a stain effect.

The most everyday appropriate, low maintenance, throw on with anything shade is the Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel in Eat Cake. For pigmentation, it sits between the Tarte and Bite, not quite sheer and not quite opaque. It is a tad drying but I simply love the colour. It applies evenly and smooth in a brightening spring version of the 'your lips but better colour'. I can't stop wearing it (which is good considering how pricey it was!).

What are your favourite pink lip colours?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment