My MAC Palette

Wednesday, 20 January 2016


I have been a longtime lover of MAC makeup as it was the first brand I really branched into when I started wearing makeup but it's taken me a few years to build up my 15 pan eyeshadow palette. I still have two spaces available but I'm really happy with the collection of colours I've gathered.


Top: Naked Lunch, Kid, Quarry; Middle: Mythology, Star Violet, Woodwinked; Bottom: Lucky Green
Top: Quarry, Shale, Satin Taupe; Middle: Woodwinked, Sable, Copperplate; Bottom: Club, Brown Down
I love the quality of MAC Shadows. They come in a huge variety of colours and finishes which can make choosing a bit overwhelming but also really fun! You can purchase each colour individually in a clam shell package or as the pan to put into an empty duo, quad, or 15 pan palette.

Left to Right: Naked Lunch, Kid, Quarry, Shale, Satin Taupe
Naked Lunch - A light, pink-gold shimmer that looks beautiful swept all over the lid or as a warm inner corner highlight.

Kid - A matte light, warm brown that pairs really well with Naked Lunch in the crease. It's one of the easiest transition shades I've got.

Quarry - A fantastic cool-toned brown that I use as a darker, cooler crease colour. This works really well with Shale and Satin Taupe.

Shale - A very silver grey with micro-shimmer. This creates an easy cool-toned single-shadow look or as a blending shade for a smokey, dark look.

Satin Taupe - A metallic true-taupe that packs a lot of pigment. There is a reason this is in almost everyone's MAC collections.

Left to Right: Mythology, Star Violet, Woodwinked, Sable, Copperplate
Mythology - This is the flakiest glitter-bomb of the lot but it still looks beautiful in the outer corner or packed onto the lid. It's got a similar orange-metallicness as Amber Lights but with added silver glitter.

Star Violet - A purple-gold duo-chrome that speaks to the uniqueness of MAC's formulas. It's another shade I love all over the lid as a single-shadow look but it's also great paired with Woodwinked or Sable.

Woodwinked - One of the cult golds of the online beauty community, there's a green-tint that makes this look beautifully antique.

Sable - A gorgeous taupe-bronze with the most buttery consistency of them all. I don't have anything like this in my collection and I don't expect to come across anything similar anytime soon!

Copperplate - Another matte but more smooth and pigmented than the rest. I use this for my outer corner in cool-toned looks.

Left to Right: Lucky Green, Club, Brown Down
Lucky Green - My real pop of colour in the palette is this vibrant lime green. I haven't been able to wear this a lot but I absolutely love it.

Club - Another cult classic. A brown/red/green shifting shade that makes a beautiful single-shadow smokey eye. When blended into the crease, the burgundy really comes through wonderfully.

Brown Down - Not an awesome matte but a staple in any makeup palette. I use matte brown most commonly in the outer corner or as a liner.

With my last two empty spots I'm looking for a great blue or purple for a bit more versatility but they will come with time! What colours do you have in your 15 pan?

No comments:

Post a Comment