What I love about summer Christmases

Thursday, 10 December 2015

Image Source: http://www.highettrsl.com.au/whats-on/melbourne-cup-calcutta/

Last week I talked about what I miss about white Christmases after moving between hemispheres and having to adjust to new seasons and traditions during the holiday time. This week I wanted to address the awesome things that come with celebrating the festive season during an Australian summer. It's not the most conventional way of spending Christmas but it's always been the way down here!

1. Not having to deal with school/university during the holidays
2. Fresh summer feasts (especially prawns!)
3. Australian Christmas carols (like Tim Minchin's White Wine in the Sun)
4. Going to backyard BBQs every weekend in December
5. Laying around watching tennis and cricket while digesting all the food you just consumed
6. Backyard cricket with the whole neighbourhood/family

Australian summer Christmases are just like nothing else on Earth, and, while I'll always have a special place in my heart for white Christmases, these last few years have been something special.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment