Review | Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured in Opal

Friday, 18 December 2015


Everyone has been raving about the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors in the powder and original liquid formulas for a long time now. Just as the hype was dying down, it roared back up again with the Jaclyn Hill collaboration shade in Champagne Pop. What caught my eye most from this range, though, was the Poured collection of the same Shimmering Skin Perfectors in a cream formula.

I love cream face products because they are so easy to blend and work into the skin to give a natural, glowy finish. I'd never used a cream highlighter before but when I saw the collection in my local Sephora, I was excited to give it a try (secretly knowing I would love it).

It took me a while to decide between the shades Moonstone and Opal. Becca has some beautifully unique shimmer combination which is part of the appeal of their products but I finally decided to go with Opal because I don't tend to reach for gold highlights and wanted to try something a bit different. Opal is what I would describe as a 'soft gold' in that it isn't particularly warm or yellow and leans more beige-gold in the light.

The formula of this product is beautiful. It is very smooth, creamy, soft, and easy to blend. I find it pretty difficult to pick up evenly on a brush but I love it applied with my ring finger along my cheek bones. It blends really well and gives a pretty natural (if gold skin can ever be natural) glowy finish.

If it means anything, I've only used this highlighter since I bought it two months ago. I've only fallen more in love with it as I use it with different foundations and cream blushes. My current obsession with cream cheek products actually makes me question whether I'll ever go back to powder. Perhaps when I use this up.

Probably my only criticism for this product is the price. When I purchased it, there were plenty in stock but since then I haven't seen it once, so if you're able to track it down, you'll have to part with a massive $60 to take it home. For 5.5g (0.19oz) of a cream product, which are typically easier to finish than powder, that seems pretty steep. But, hey, some obsessions are worth the sacrifice.

Have you tried the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors before? What's your favourite formula?

xx Julia

1 comment

  1. Excellent article.I like the way of writing and presenting the information.You can share more article.Because it is really helpful my writing.Waiting for new stuff.
    custom essay writing service

    ReplyDelete