Highend Products Worth the Hype

Tuesday, 1 December 2015


The online beauty community loves raving about products and hyping them up. Sometimes the hype is more about the excitement of new products than the quality of the product itself, but then there are the products that 'make it'. They're great quality and widely loved by beauty bloggers. These products are worth the hype.

Urban Decay Naked Palettes - These were the palettes to start the neutral palette revolution and they really are worth all the hype they receive. I have the Naked 2 and probably won't be purchasing anymore of the collection but what is awesome is you can purchase the palette that has the colours you are most likely to use. The warm, cool, purple, and smoky shades are so well matched that it could easily be your only palette (at least until you run out of matte shades). This is one of my forever products and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Lorac Pro Palette - Continuing on with awesome eyeshadow palettes, the Lorac Pro Palette is really as good as everyone says it is. The range of shades and the plethora of matte shades makes this the easiest palette for constructing everyday eye looks. All of the shades work well together which is a proper feat for an eyeshadow palette. While the formula is pretty powdery and the shadow size is significantly smaller than other highend shadow palettes, these shadows blend like a dream and I do love this palette for everyday.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - This would have to be one of the most hyped highend foundations on the market but also the most complained about; sheer glow when it's neither sheer nor glowy? Be that as it may, I do love the semi-matte, medium to full coverage finish of this foundation. I often tell people I love this because it makes my skin look perfect. If you apply too much then it will get a bit cakey but before then it has a really lovely even finish which makes it both my favourite foundation and a product worth the hype.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ - This was one of those products people went to France to purchase before La Roche-Posay became more widely available globally. It's aimed at sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin to help minimise breakouts and reduce the scaring of past breakouts. I love using it for those pesky mini-breakouts that just annoy me, understandably. This is the only product I have ever use that just clears up the problem, no questions asked. It's gentle and effective, which is difficult to find on the acne product market.

Beauty Blender - This silly little sponge took the beauty community by storm a few years ago. I picked it up at IMATS 2013 to quench that niggling interest I always had and it very quickly became my favourite tool for applying and blending liquid face products. For spreading foundation easily and seamlessly across the skin, I pick this. For blending concealers and correctors into the skin and into foundation, I pick this. For blending over-applied cheek products into a more natural finish, I pick this. It's a wonderful multi-purpose product that I think absolutely deserves the attention it has received.

The beauty community to full of hyped up products and releases and these are some of the products that I think deserve the acclaim. Do you agree or would you name a different set of products?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment