Disappointing Highend Products

Tuesday, 15 December 2015


Two weeks ago I talked about the Highend Products Worth the Hype, so this week I'm turning the tables and talking about the highend products that have disappointed me. I don't often get disappointed by products because I research them very heavily before purchase, but sometimes it happens and it can be quite a let down.
MAC Cremesheen Lipsticks - MAC Lipsticks are cult classics and for very good reason. Their range of colours and finishes in unrivalled and is part of the reason why I love their products, as well. I have to say, though, I am not a fan of the Cremesheen formula. Many people love it for the creamy, comfortable feeling it has on your lips but I always find the product settles into lines and moves around on the lips. It never seems to settle and that drives me crazy! I'm trying to finish my Cremesheen Lipstick in Coral Bliss but then I won't be purchasing any of that formula again.

Sigma Eye Brushes - This disappointment hit me really, really hard. I saved up to purchase some of the much raved about Sigma brushes and ended up ordering the eye set and kabuki set, paid the ridiculous shipping cost, and was thoroughly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I like the kabuki brushes so there's nothing wrong there, but the eye brushes are the roughest, hardest to use brushes in my small collection. I have brushes from Bdellium Tools and Furless that are infinitely softer to use around the eyes than these. I was so disappointed because literally the only thing you want from eye brushes is they don't scratch and irritate your eyes!

Boscia Make Up Break Up Cool Cleansing Oil - I'm not disappointed in this product because it doesn't work, because it does. It cleans off your makeup very easily and is one of the better oil cleansers on the market. The problem is that I heard so many beauty bloggers raving about this product for years before I decided to pick it up and when I finally got it, it's no better than the Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. Considering the lengths I would have to go through to get this to me in Australia, I wanted something amazing and I did not get it. Also, I somehow thought it would smell minty? It doesn't, it smells like eucalyptus.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliners - I love the colours available in this range and they apply smoothly like an absolute dream but this product doesn't last 2 hours on my eyes. No matter whether I apply it on my upper lash line, lower lash line, or waterline, this liner fades or moves around much, much sooner than their 24/7 claim would have you believe. I love the colours but these eyeliners are expensive! And I want my products to last if I'm going to invest in them.

So, those are the highend products that I found a bit disappointing or that didn't work for me. Did you have a similar experience or are there other highend products you found disappointing?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment