the Facial Spray Edit

Tuesday, 24 November 2015


This time last year I was the biggest of sceptics when it came to facial sprays. I thought they were all glorified spray bottles full of water and I could not understand why anyone would pay real money for them. Then I went to Europe and decided that I should dip my toe into the magic water market and purchase the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I'm here to say that I have been converted.

Let's start at the very beginning: Caudalie Beauty Elixir. This face spray is something a little bit different. A unique mix of essential oils including bitter orange, rosemary, peppermint, orange, and grape gives the spray it's beautiful fresh scent. The easiest way for me to describe it is a herbal spa scent with a kick. A lot of people recommend this as a travel spray to bring with you during long trips whether by plane or train or bus. It freshens you up straight away and makes the long, hot journey a little more bearable. I've worked my way through the little travel sized I had and I'm looking to purchase both the travel and full sized whenever I get the opportunity.

The next two sprays, I have to say, are very similar. The La Roche-Posay and Avene Thermal Spring Waters are both pure spring waters harvested from their respective French towns and, while they do differ in their mineral makeup, without a chemistry degree, I don't think I could tell you the difference. I carry one of these in my purse everyday and use the other as my everyday toner and I'll tell you why. The metal bottles that each of these sprays keeps the product very cold and makes it really refreshing to spray during a hot day out or after stepping out of the shower. I'm still a bit hesitant to purchase a bottle of water at close to $10 for the travel sized but I am enjoying them while I have them!

Last but not least is an absolute cult favourite: MAC Fix+. This facial spray can be used as a makeup setting spray or as a general refresher during a hot summer. I must say that the scent of this product is one to revile the Caudalie Beauty Elixir and I absolutely love it. So far I've only really utilised this product as a setting spray and I'm starting to think I won't be purchasing primer any longer if I can get the same effect from a facial spray that I really enjoy using.

Of the four facial sprays in this line up, the Caudalie Beauty Elixir and MAC Fix+ are the most unique and they have carved the deepest spaces into my daily beauty routines. But I have flung the doors open and am excited to explore the facial spray world! So, please leave your recommendations for me in the comments!

xx Julia

2 comments

  1. I have yet to try a facial spray, but definitely want to get my hands on the Caudalie one. I've heard such good things about it! :D

    Hillary | A Very Charmed Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place to start!

      xx Julia

      Delete