Recent Purchases | October

Tuesday, 20 October 2015


I think we all have that list. All of the products you've always planned on buying, that you've been interesting in for months, but have never gotten around to actually purchasing them. A little while ago I caved and finally bought a few of the things on my list. I've also got an oddly large nail polish haul coming up but that's for another day.
IT Cosmetics landed in Australia with Sephora last year and I've always heard fantastic things about the brand. After a particularly glowing review from Emily of Beauty Broadcast, I picked up the Your Skin But Better CC+. The coverage is more of a medium than a traditional BB cream or tinted moisturiser but the 50+ SPF is excellent. I'm looking forward to using it over summer especially. To go with it I also grabbed the Eyelift in a Tube. This has the famous Bye Bye Undereye Concealer on one end and the Hello Light Liquid Brightener on the other. Both formulas are thicker than I've used before but I'm coming around to it.

While wondering around Sephora I also stumbled upon the recently released (in Australia) Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Poured in Opal. It's a beautiful golden cream highlighter that blends wonderfully into the skin. While a rather hefty investment, I'm glad to have it. On this particular day Sephora had just released their Sleeping Mask range and I managed to get two freebies: Orchid for youth-activating and regenerating and Pomegranate for anti-fatigue and energising. These are basically like putting light jelly all over your face before you go to sleep. I'm not quite sure if they're worth the $5 but I've got a review on its way.

Then I stopped by MAC to add to my 15-pan palette. I've got plenty of shimmers so decided to go for the two matte shades Kid and Quarry. I always seem to forget to shop at MAC for some reason but I'm very glad to have added to my collection.

What have you got on your to-buy list?

xx Julia

2 comments

  1. Ooh, looking forward to reading more about the sleeping masks - I'm just getting into the idea of overnight masks so always interested in hearing what different ones do! The CC sounds like an excellent summer product too :)

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overnight masks are such easy ways to treat your skin without having to devote a lot of time and effort to it. Sometimes I just don't have a free night for a spa night!

      xx Julia

      Delete