My Foray into Contouring

Tuesday, 6 October 2015


Contouring has been a huge thing in beauty for a long time now but I've only recently dipped my toes into this beautiful bronzed world. For too long I was scared of putting anything too deep on my ridiculously pale skin but now I've given carving out my cheekbones a go and I get it.
It all started with the purchase of the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Streak. This seems silly to me now but this was my first bronzer purchase and I had been wearing makeup for years. Being as pale white as I am, I was always worried about looking 'orange'. I heard the term tossed around a lot to describe obscure products but also occasionally cult favourites and I did not want to get trapped with a product that didn't suit my skin tone. As you can see, the bronzer in the Urban Decay palette is incredibly light and gave the hint of colour to the hollows of my cheeks that I was looking for.

Things started getting really serious really quickly after I repurposed MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Baby Don't Go into a bronzer. It's a beautiful rosy-neutral that looks very natural on pink skin tones. I've been using this product to death to add a bit of warmth around my face and I love the way the added product gives depth and shape to my face. I can finally see why people love this stuff so much!

Since then I have really jumped into the deep end with cream contouring and all that jazz but I've had to reign it back and stick to the small stuff for now. Perhaps when summer gets into full swing I can start in on the more dramatic products to put in some proper definition. For now I'm happy to reap the rewards of a new love affair with bronzer.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment