Everyday Eye | four

Sunday, 13 September 2015


For me, makeup is about finding small joys like a really well coordinated everyday eye look. I've been using one quite a bit recently (in an attempt to use up some eyeshadows!) which is just a little different but still very wearable. I like it because it adds a pop of colour to an otherwise neutral look.
Let's start with the base: the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded is a simple champagne-gold which suits many, many eye looks and doesn't alter the colour of the shadow you apply on top too much. Then, I absolutely pack Champagne from the Lorac Pro Palette over the majority of the lid. This is a very glittery, fall-out prone shade so I like to use a lot to build up the actual colour of the shadow on the lid. To blend out the edges, I use Taupe from the same palette in the crease which adds a nice neutral shadow to the eye.

Next comes the pop of colour. I use the MAC Fluidline in Phlox Garden to line my upper lash line. This is a beautiful orchid purple that I purchased from a limited edition collection last year. It's quite a light purple so it doesn't add a lot of definition. For that I layer a shade from the Revlon Photo Ready Primer + Shadow Palette in Watercolors to both set the Fluidline and add a darker defining line. I'm currently using the second colour from the top but any of the top three shades from the palette would work. I then line the bottom waterline with a nude liner and the lash line with a brown, smudged so it's not too heavy. Add a few coats of mascara and you're done!

You could really use any colour to line the upper lash line like a deep green or navy blue. I just love purple because it compliments my brown eyes.

xx Julia

2 comments

  1. Looks like some solid products for an everyday eye! I've been really enjoying highlighting my inner corners to brighten up my look.

    Would love if you check out my blog! Just followed you on twitter and instagram :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete