Review | DevaCurl One Condition

Thursday, 9 July 2015


In the last year or so I decided to start properly investing in my haircare to give my curls the best treatment I could afford. This has meant cycling through a lot of new products while also working through a rather large backstash. On a recent trip to America, I had my dad pick up some Sephora exclusive curly hair products to try out.
DevaCurl is a pretty well-known brand as far as curly hair products go, making a large range of products and tools aimed exclusively at this hair type. Their website explains, "Curly hair is bold, natural, beautiful, and it’s our mission to celebrate your unique curls." I have to say that I love the idea of a brand devoted to curls instead of creating a side-range of 2-5 products in addition to their actual haircare range.

These products are special, boasting 100% sulphate, silicone, and paraben free, making them perfect for working with and enhancing your individual curl pattern. All products were developed in conversation with actual curly-haired women and have won many of awards over the years for their innovation and effectiveness.

I barely dipped my toe in when I only picked up the DevaCurl One Condition, a daily conditioner designed to give a boost of hydration to the hair. It's designed for all curl types and contains rosemary, olive oil, lemongrass, and hops without sulphates, parabens, silicones, paraffin, mineral oil, phthalates, or DEA/MEA/TEA.

While the website describes the product as rich and creamy, I wouldn't agree. It's a standard conditioner cream consistency with a fruity scent. It's best applied evenly throughout your hair after shampooing (if you do use shampoo) using your fingers but I have incredibly thick curls so I tend to use a brush to spread it. It coats the hair very well and leaves it feeling slippery and smooth. You can rinse it out or leave a bit in for a deep condition, but I haven't tried this method.

I honestly can't say that I'm wowed by the outcome on my hair after using this product. As far as I can tell, there's not a whole lot of difference between this other conditioners I've used. That being said, it leaves my hair smooth, shiny, easy to manage, and smelling great. I really appreciate being able to achieve this without all the nasty ingredients common in other conditioners.

I regret not purchasing other products from DevaCurl when I had the chance as they're very difficult to get shipped to Australia. At this point, I'm going to use up this conditioner and then seek other more easily available curly hair products before I undergo getting a replacement of this product to me.

Do you have any curly hair products you'd like me to trial next?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment