Current Lip Combo Love

Sunday, 19 July 2015


As someone with very fair skin, I've never been one for the nude lip. I always found nude lip options to be too yellow, too orange, or too close to my own skin colour (ie the dreaded 'concealer lips'). I hadn't stopped looking, though, for the everyday nude to pair with all the dramatic eye looks I love. It wasn't until recently when I joined three products I had just sitting in my collection that I discovered my perfect nude lip combo.
I start with a base of the NARS Velvet Lip Liner in Waimea to give a bit of peachy-orangeness to my naturally rather pink lips. Then I add a layer of the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Complex. I'm really not a fan of this lip crayon on its own because it has a deep orange tone that settles into my dry lips and does not look flattering at all. To combat that, I finish the look off with a sweep of the L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Nude Vibrato. This is more of a light peach-apricot colour that gives a lovely glossiness to the lips. It's probably my favourite drugstore lip gloss formula to date because it's so comfortable to wear.

While layering three products may seem a bit high-maintence, being able to wear a subtle nude lip for the first time ever makes it worth it. I love the way these products work together and I'll definitely be giving this combination a lot wear over the coming weeks.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment