My Nighttime Skincare Routine

Sunday, 24 May 2015


Unlike my Morning Skincare Routine, when night rolls around, I really just slap everything I can on. This is a time for getting my skin as clean as possible and taking advantage of those overnight miracle workers. If you interested in my particular routine or the break down of products I use, keep reading!
First, we cleanse. I enjoy the double-cleanse method so I begin with removing my eye makeup and the majority of my face makeup with Bioderma Sensibio H2O on some cotton rounds. I follow that up with a gentle cream cleanser, typically the same one I use in the morning. Right now I'm using the REN Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser which is a stock-standard cream cleanser. Immediately after removing all of my makeup and giving a quick cleanse, I use a toner. I don't find toners particularly effective on my skin type but I'm still working through the Sanctuary Spa Pore Refining Toner.


The next step to apply moisture to the skin again. I try to invest in my moisturising products because they spend such a long time on my skin and are really where all the benefits exist. My two full sized products are the Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum. This is a light but effective product that has me ever lamenting how difficult Caudalie is to get to Australia. Instead of using a typical moisturiser, I've switched to an oil for nighttime hydration. I heard so many amazing things about the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate that I finally picked it up, and I must say that I'm loving it. It smells of lavender, too, which is very relaxing before bed.

If I want to mix it up, I reach for some samples I have in my stash at the moment. I love sneaking heaps of samples of the Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment. It's an incredibly expensive lactic acid exfoliator that feels very luxurious on the skin. If I had the budget, I'd probably splash out on the full size but, for now, samples will have to do. I also recently grabbed a sample of Go-To Very Useful Face Cream. I've heard rave reviews of the Go-To brand, but I have to say this moisturiser isn't my favourite.


Nighttime is when I spoil my skin with treatments. I always have lots of different ones on hand to give myself plenty of options. For clogged pores, I reach for the Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask. This mask heats up when in contact with water which allows the charcoal to reach deep inside your pores and remove any dirt. It's not the best mask I've ever used but it does what it says on the package! For tackling blackheads particularly on my nose, there is nothing better than the old-school Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. They remove like nothing else and I will always go back to them.

If I want a bit of manual exfoliation, I try to always have something to try. Right now I'm working through a sample of the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Treatment. Lastly, and my personal favourite, we have the Origins Drink Up Intense Overnight Mask (review). This bad boy smells like delicious mangoes and is an overnight hydrating treatment that leaves my skin plump and beautiful like nothing else. There is plenty, plenty in the tube so I don't imagine myself running out anytime soon but I don't want to!

A few more products and steps than my morning routine but that's alright! What do you like using on your skin before bed?

xx Julia

2 comments

  1. You've made me want so many of these products but especially that cleanser and the SOS serum! They sound exactly like what my skin needs for the winter time :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend them! Caudalie is a bit tricky to get to Australia but REN is super easy to get at Mecca and rather affordable, as well!

      xx Julia

      Delete