Tag | the Liebster Award

Thursday, 23 April 2015


I was tagged by the lovely Victoria May from Lipstick and Lightplay for the Liebster Award. This is a tag circling around about getting to know the bloggers behind the blog a little bit better. Victoria May has provided eleven questions for me to answer so let's get started!



Here's how it worksLink your nominator(s) and provide links back to their blog. List 11 facts about yourself, then answer the 11 questions your nominator(s) posed to you. Then, create 11 new questions for 11 new nominees who have under 200 blog followers. Let your new nominees know, and that's it!

My Facts:

I live in Sydney, Australia but grew up in Seattle, Washington.
I study English and Linguistics at university.
I speak English and Spanish.
I love doing yoga but am still trying to get better at it.
I read a lot, a lot (approx 70 books a year).
I have a twin brother and two other older brothers.
I'm really into theatre and am heavily involved in my university dramatic society.
My favourite way to spend a Sunday afternoon is baking and watching Gilmore Girls.
I absolutely adore coffee and drink a whole lot of it on an everyday basis.
I have always wanted to learn how to dance.
I'm hoping to become a writer and academic for my career after university.

Victoria May's Questions:

How did you get started blogging?
I started blogging shortly after I started my youtube channel because I wanted a print format to run in conjunction with my videos for readers more interested in the blog format.
Who is your fashion role model?
I don't pay a whole lot of attention to what celebrities or models are wearing but if I had to pick then I'd probably say Taylor Swift because I love her use of classic cuts and lines but still keeping it all very young and fun.

If you were stranded on a deserted island and could have any three things with you, what would they be?
I'd absolutely have to have a book, probably something meaty that I could read many times without getting tired of it. I'd also take a journal to write and record what was happening to me mostly as a coping tool. And lastly a small knife because it would be incredibly useful.

Do you have any pets? What animals and what are their names?
I currently have a cat named Martha. We've had her for 11 years now and she's a real part of the family.

If you could visit anywhere in the world for any length in time, where would you go?
The next place I'd like to travel to would be Ireland. I so badly want to see the Cliffs of Dover and just be in the beautiful countryside.

What is your favourite song?
I love heaps of songs like most people but I always come back to Set the Fire to the Third Bar by Snow Patrol. It's an oldie but I love it.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you 'grew up'?
I flipped between wanting to be a librarian and a teacher because I loved school and reading when I was little. I still do but my career goals have shifted a bit.

What is one thing you love about yourself?
I'm a very busy person and I'm constantly saying yes to new projects and pursuits so I pride myself on my ability to be reliable and meet deadlines.

What is one thing you love about your best friend?
Too many friends! Too many fantastic qualities! What I love most about my best friends is how comfortable I feel around them and how much fun we have being together. A bit of generic answer but it's true!

Who is your favourite superhero?
Definitely the Green Lantern.

If you could have any one superpower, what would it be and why?
Flight! Imagine if you could just fly anywhere you wanted at any time! That'd be amazing!

My Questions:

What is your favourite part of your hometown?
What was/is your favourite school subject?
Other than makeup and blogging, do you have another major hobby?
What is your favourite thing to do on the weekend?
How did you spend your last birthday?
Do you have a favourite artist, writer, or actor? Who are they and why do you like them?
Do you prepare blog posts through a schedule and brainstorming process or are you more off-the-cuff as the mood strikes you?
Where was your favourite place to go on holiday when you were younger?
Describe your favourite pair of shoes.
Do you spend a lot of time shopping online? What is your favourite site to visit?
Do you prefer the countryside or city? Why?

My Nominees:

Stephanie from Luxury on the Lips
Madeleine from the Daily Mark
Angie from the Maquillage
Kim-Marie from Kimba Likes
Nora from NRAH
Candice from YouReview

(I cheated a little bit because I wanted to feature certain blogs!)

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment