My Go-To Colours

Sunday, 19 April 2015


When you've been buying makeup for a little while, you start to notice a pattern in the colours you gravitate towards and seem to hoard in your collection. It's by no means a bad thing to know what you like but it's definitely something to be aware of when your swatching a product launch if you don't want to bring home something you already have!

If you were to go through my collection, my go-to colours would be pretty clear. They're the ones I have a lot of and always seem to pick up in-store. For eyeshadows, I cannot pass up a good shimmery taupe. MAC Satin Taupe is probably my all time favourite, but I also love NARS Dual Intensity Shadow in Himalia and the lid shade from the Dior Holiday 2014 Palette. There's something about that not-quite brown, not quite-gray but a bit purple that melts my heart and has me reaching for my wallet.

When it comes to lips and cheeks, I love the same thing: peachy-coral-pinks. We're talking, most of my blushes and lipsticks fall into this category. It's just so flattering and pretty and bright! What can I say? For the cheeks, I can't pass up the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat. And for the lips, I love the Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Watermelon or the L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Rose Finale.

You can usually find one of these go-to colours on my face any day of the year because I absolutely love them and feel my most comfortable in them.

What are your go-to colours?

xx Julia

2 comments

  1. Hey girl ^^ I just wanted to let yo know that I've been loving your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out the post over on http://lipstickandlightplay.blogspot.com, I had a lot of fun with the tag :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The tag looks great, so thanks for tagging me! I'll get right on with answering those questions :]

      xx Julia

      Delete