Lip Balm Obsession

Sunday, 12 April 2015


I've always had pretty dry lips but somehow this year I've become completely obsessed with lip balms of all formulas. From the expensive to the affordable, tubes, tubs, and sticks, I've built up quite a collection.
I was really excited when Maybelline released the Baby Lips Loves Colour tinted lip balms (review) about 3 years ago because there aren't many tinted balms available on the Australian market. After purchasing three I'm down to my last one. Baby Lips aren't the most moisturising but they do add a nice tint of reddish colour to the lips. Once I use this up, I think I'll try and source a tinted balm with more hydration.

If you're looking for an all-around balm reminiscent of the Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream, pawpaw ointment is an affordable alternative. Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment is a readily available Australian product that can be used on chapped lips, cuts, burns, rashes. It really is a wonder product that provides great hydration to sore lips.

My most recent purchases were two cult products discussed a lot in the online beauty community. The Bite Agave Lip Treatment is a very thick balm meant to providing lasting relief to severely chapped and sore lips. I adored this on my trip to Spain over the summer where my skin freaked out from the sudden massive change in season. While on that very trip I picked up the Nuxe Reve de Miel. I've yet to dip my finger into this little pot but it smells fantastic and sweet, and I'm heard absolutely wonderful things all across the internet. Once I've whittled my collection down a bit, I'm looking forward to give this a try.

My last two are exactly the opposite to the previous in that they are little-known products. The Body Shop Lip Butter isn't a product readily available in Australia but it does roll around in sets and during the holidays. I also haven't yet given this a try but the strawberry scent is incredibly enticing. The Aesop Rosehip Seed Lip Cream is a very thin consistency and more like a lotion than a cream. Like most Aesop products, it has a heavy herbal scent which also isn't particularly pleasant. I don't notice a whole lot of hydration after using this cream so I won't be re-adding it to the collection once I do use it up.

I've worked up quite a big collection of balms these past few months and I'm looking forward to working my way through them as the weather darkens this winter.

xx Julia

2 comments

  1. You've got some amazing products. The Bite Beauty mask is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've worked up quite a stash so now I need to use them up! The Bite Lip Masque is quite nice in that it smells good and is really thick but it's quite expensive so, if you're on a budget, you'll get a similar effect from pawpaw ointment if not the same experience.

      xx Julia

      Delete