Bold Lips for Cold Weather

Thursday, 9 April 2015


When the weather gets colder we all start reaching for the knitwear and scarves, loading ourselves up to keep warm. Our wardrobe's colours deepen and darken and so does our makeup choices. I love pulling out bold lip colours at this time of year after a summer of sheer colours.

You can't go past a classic red at this time of year. While many reach for MAC Ruby Woo, I prefer the deeper, more refined tone of MAC Russian Red. It's a blue-based red to whiten your teeth and make your whole look sophisticated and classic. If you want something even darker to dip into the vampy lip territory, I recommend MAC Sin. It's a very dark red-brown colour that almost looks gothic on my pale skin. I love pulling this out for a night out but if you're feeling bold it'll look great during the day!

Winter doesn't just mean red, though, I also like reaching for different brighter colours for something a little bit special. The L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Fuchsia Drama is a lovely bright fuchsia colour which goes great with the deeper winter tones. I also adore this gloss formula giving a relatively opaque colour pay-off without any stickiness or discomfort. For something even bolder, try the Cargo Essential Lip Colour in Sedona. I usually reserve oranges for the summer months but on a gloomy winter day I can't think of anything nicer than a bright pop of orange on the lips. This formula is incredibly opaque with a very soft semi-matte finish.

What bold colours do you reach for in winter?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment