Sheer Obsession

Sunday, 15 March 2015


I think like most makeup lovers, my addictions and interests go through phases. Sometimes I'm really into smokey eyes and sometimes I can't get enough of a big bold lip colour. Right now as summer fades, I'm really enjoying the sheer lipsticks.

I recently picked up the Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Watermelon and I think it may be the perfect lipstick of all time. It's sheer but still has a nice bright pop of pink colour that just makes my lips look juicy in a really good way. It's smooth, easy to apply, and easy to wear so I've just kept it in my purse for weeks at this point.

This new love reminded me of a favourite from last summer, the Maybelline Color Whisper in Orange Attitude. This is just as sheer and juicy but with a decided orange tone. The colour looks scary in the tube but when applied it looks much more wearable. The formula is a bit more drying but it's also much cheaper so you win some, you lose some. I haven't tried any other colours from this range but I hear the shade Lust for Blush is a nice natural pink which might be nice as we move into winter.

What makeup trend are you currently loving? Do you move through them in cycles like me?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment