Review | Sunday Riley Prismasilk Eye Colors

Tuesday, 17 March 2015


My friend recently gifted me a selection of the Sunday Riley Prismasilk Eye Colours and I was pretty excited thinking the Sunday Riley makeup would be as good as the skincare. Unfortunately, I was a tad disappointed.

I love the idea of individual shadows because you can really customise your collection without necessarily getting stuck with a dud shade you're not going to use. Plus you can get a lot of variety that way, but, unfortunately, I wouldn't say the Sunday Riley Prismasilk Eye Colours have a lot of variety. While the shades are each pretty, the majority are essentially the same off-white shimmery colours. Of the two darker shades, Marrakesh Nights and Casablanca, I cannot get a swatch of Marrakesh Nights without it sealing and Casablanca is a super dark silver that I don't see myself getting a lot of use out of.

For someone who uses cream and white shadows and bases below their eye looks, these will really work for you. I unfortunately tend to use a cream shadow over a primer so I don't really need the extra step of a neutral shadow. In that case I can only use them regularly for highlighting but considering every palette I own has a highlight shade built in, I still don't reach for these a whole lot.

102 Marrakesh Nights, 113 Casablanca, 115 Hovig's Pants, 121 Moon Dust, 123 Vintage Lace, 130 Aspen Snow, 131 Desert Sunset

Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the formula. They are very dusty bordering on chalky with a lot of kick-up when you dip your brush in. If you've heard people complaining about the Hourglass shadows, these are much worse. I don't mind a bit of shimmer but all of these shades have at least a bit of glitter which is a bit harder to work with and can lead to even more fall out.

Essentially, what I'm saying is there are much, much better shadows out on the market for cheaper and similar price points as Sunday Riley so I'd have to recommend those instead.

Sunday Riley Prismasilk Eye Colors are $32 each and available through Mecca Cosmetica, Mecca Maxima and the Mecca website.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment