Blush Picks for Autumn

Thursday, 19 March 2015


We're moving into another season again so it's time to change up your makeup. A change of season can be a great time to pull yourself out of a makeup rut or to just try something a bit different. As the weather cools (supposedly) here in Sydney, these are the blushes I'll be reaching for.

For something very natural I love the MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Baby Don't Go (review here). It's a rosy-neutral colour that just adds a bit of something without being overpowering or distracting so I love pairing it with a smokey eye or bold lip. If you want something natural but with a bit more colour, I also love the dusty pink of the L'Oreal True Match Blush in Sandalwood Pink. This gives the cheeks a rosy glow that looks nice and neat.

Because sometimes I just don't want to give up the summer sun, I like to use NARS Blush in Luster for a bronzy-glowy colour that leaves me looking sun kissed. It's a sheeny formula without the added glitter chunks that NARS is so famous for.

As the weather takes an even colder turn, I love to pull out the Stila Convertible Colour in Poppy. It's a bright red in the pan but when applied to the cheeks and sheered out with your fingers or a brush, the cream formula gives a wonderfully natural finish and the red looks like a delicate blush. I love this for colder months when it makes me look a bit flushed from the wind and cold without actually having to be!

What are your blush picks for this season?

xx Julia

2 comments

  1. Lovely picks for Autumn! My favourite fall blush is The Balm Cabana Boy <3

    Kate | themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete