Tag | Beauty Talk

Tuesday, 3 February 2015


Many months ago Jessica from Jessica's Beauty Garden created the Beauty Talk Tag to encourage a bit of nosy chat amongst bloggers about our favourite thing: beauty products. I love a good tag and a good chat so why not do the tag? There are eight questions so here we go:


1. What products have stood out to you this year?


Way, way too many, hence why I didn't do a Top of 2014 post this year. I have specifically fallen in love with two brands, though: NARS and Hourglass.

2. Which makeup items would you recommend for young girls or people who are just getting into beauty?

Start small, for sure, and just go for essentials like mascara, eyeliner, or lip products. Definitely start at the drugstore until you've got your footing and a bit more experience under your belt.

3. Favourite drugstore and high end brand?

Maybelline is a fantastic drugstore brand that offers a great range of products for affordable prices. As for high end, I'm adoring NARS for their range of colours and textures and they're fantastic packaging!

4. Most disappointing product you've tried?

I luckily don't get disappointed very often with products because I do a lot of research before investing my money. Recently I was rather disappointed by the Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish. If you want to read about some other disappointing products I've come across, I made a post here.

5. A beauty item you use everyday?

Moisturiser, for sure. I have to keep my skin hydrated!

6. What are your essentials for winter?

Carrying on from my last answer, a great moisturiser. But also a dark lipstick and taupe eyeshadow.

7. Your favourite product for a dramatic party look?

I love glittery eyeshadow like the NARS Dual Intensity Shadows or MAC Pigment in Tan to add a bit of something to a party eye.

8. What's on your Christmas wish list?

Christmas has just passed so if I'm looking forward to next year, who knows? I love being surprised with beauty products generally but who doesn't love a gift card so I can hit my personal wish list however I like.

And that's the Beauty Talk Tag! It's a pretty old tag so I won't tag anyone to do it but if you want to share your answers, please let me know!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment