Summer to Autumn Transition Products

Sunday, 8 February 2015


The transition period between seasons is always an awkward time for beauty as the weather changes and wreaks havoc on your skin or you're not quite sure what colours suit the season. Between summer and autumn you're caught with humid air and continually shrinking days Here are my recommendations for the best products to pull out during this transitional period.

My skin goes crazy when the weather changes, demanding hydration and moisture from every which way. I love the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask (review) for a punch of hydration in an easy treatment that also smells fantastic. For lips, I slather them in balm or for more moisture the Bite Agave Lip Mask is like the Origins treatment for your lips. Don't forget your hands! Nothing ruins a day like dry cuticles. I adore the Body Shop Hand Creams because they skin in quickly without excess grease and, again, they smell fantastic.

For makeup, I reach for neutral, muted colours before I fully embrace the deep dark tones of autumn and winter. On my eyes, the NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Himalia is a beautiful bronzy-taupe that works swept all across the lids without much fuss. Pinky-nude colours are great for going with anything, including your awkward between-seasons makeup and fashion picks. My colour of the moment is Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Blushing Mauve.

I'm doing my best to take advantage of my excessive nail polish collection so my picks over the next few weeks are neutral colours. OPI Cosmo - Not Tonight Honey! (review) is a lovely golden-champagne while Revlon ColourStay Gel Envy Polish in Sure Thing

What products are you reaching for between summer and autumn?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment