Current Jewellery Favourites

Tuesday, 10 February 2015


I always love finding unique jewellery items at markets and antique stores or even just different designs from modern stores and designers. Recently I've gotten a lot of wear out of some of my jewellery and I wanted to share my favourites pieces with you.

I'll start with the necklaces which are all modern. The clear quartz crystal is from Sportsgirl and it stood out to me because of the shape the bead on the chain gives to the necklace. It falls love and gives a nice angular silhouette ending in a heft piece of crystal. It's just enough of a statement to stand out but simple enough to suit many outfits. The other two necklaces I've loved layering with each other recently. The star I bought years and years ago from American Eagle and it's one of my favourites giving a delicate bit of something extra to any look. Then the triangle necklace hangs slightly higher and creates a nice collection of delicate silver shapes.

The earrings I purchased on sale from Fossil and I absolutely adore them. They have quite low but are thin and dainty in just the right way. I can see myself getting so much use out of them in the future.

Lastly, are the two rings in the photograph. Both of these are antique which makes them one of a kinds. Starting with the onyx, this is from the 1920s as you can tell by the Art Deco design. The odd shape and sparkling marquisette with a solitary garnet right in the centre really appeals to me and I love pairing it a night out. The pearl ring is one of the only gold jewellery pieces in my collection because I simply couldn't leave the store without it. A champagne pearl set in silver on a gold ring, I love how unique the design of it is. This is quickly becoming an everyday accessory for me because it is so dainty and beautiful that I love seeing it on my finger.

Do you love jewellery? What are your favourite pieces of the moment?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment