Recent Purchases | January

Thursday, 15 January 2015


If you read my recent Project Pan update, you heard that I fell pretty hard off the buying ban wagon. Add to that the fact that I'm going on a month-long overseas trip and I had some serious purchasing to do. Because everyone loves getting excited about new purchases, I've compiled all the things I've bought recently in this post for you.

Over the holiday sets period, I was very good and refrained from all of them, almost. I could not resist the Dior Holiday Eyeshadow Palette. It's a beautiful quad of taupes and I love everything about it. In order to keep my makeup over my Europe trip nice a simple, I decided to get the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser because I've heard absolutely fantastic things. I've also heard great things about the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer so, as I'm running out of primer, this one looked good.

If you haven't heard, a Sephora has opened in Sydney and I was very excited to have access to some new brands including Bite. The first thing I grabbed from them is the Agave Lip Mask in the hope to combat the horrible dry spell my lips come across every once in a while. To add to my lipliner collection I grabbed the NARS Velvet Lip Liner in Waimea. It's basically a slightly orange version of my natural lip colour so I'm hoping to get a lot of use out of it.


To keep my skincare simple over my trip, I picked up the Ole Henriksen the Clean Truth Brightening Cleansing Cloths. These are some of the most raved about face wipes in the beauty community and the price tag definitely confirms that. Hopefully they turn out to be worth it, or at least good makeup remover. For freshening up on the plane and trains, I grabbed the Essenzza Natural Facial Cleansing Wipes with Aloe Vera and Cucumber. I don't expect much for $2.50 but they will get the job done.

Another exciting brand now available through the Sydney Sephora is Sephora brand skincare and I could not wait to try their sheet masks. This was my first sheet mask so I decided to go for something not too scary, the Lotus Mask. This is for hydrating and soothing which will be great preparation for my long-haul flight.

Finally, to replace my empty cleanser, I decided to branch into Jurlique with the Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cleanser. I've been using this for a few weeks and like how gentle it is. I'm not sure if it'll permanently replace my Aesop cleanser but it's quite nice for the time being.

What have you been buying recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment