January Empties

Thursday, 8 January 2015


Another empties post! Here is where I share with you all of my used up products since the last empties post. I'll let you know what I thought and whether or not I'd purchase them again or not.

Skincare

This was a good month for using up skincare. Starting with a few samples, I used up a sachet of L'Oreal Skin Perfection which was highly perfumed and not exceptional and also a sample of the Lancome Visionaire. This was a nice serum but not one that I necessarily want to spend the money on in the near future. Speaking of moisturisers, I finally finished the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado which actually took an entire year. It's a thick consistency but a nice boost of moisture for the under eye area. Considering I'm only 20, I don't think I'll need to purchase this anytime soon. For cleanser, I finished my daily REN Rosa Centifolia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser which was highly recommended to me but I'm not a fan of the thin consistency so I'll be using other cleansers from now on. I also used up the Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste. This cleansers has fine quartz, rosemary, and lactic acid to leave my skin beautifully smooth. It's one of the reason I adore Aesop. Everyone has tried the Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips and I always have some in my stash.

I'm slowly working my way through the highest pile of body lotion I have ever seen (or owned) in my life. This month I made a weak dent in it with the Redwin Sorbolene Moisturiser. I've been using this product for years because it is a thoroughly reliable lotion that comes in a massive 1Lt bottle. I also finished up the Nivea In-Shower Rich Body Lotion which is a fantastic idea of a product but unfortunately I always forgot to use it. I've got no plans to buy any lotion ever again because I just have far too much right now.


Haircare

Do I need to mention the Pantene Pro-V Intense Smoothening Leave on Creme? It's my holy grail leave in conditioner and I will always have a bottle on hand. In an attempt to mix things up, I tried the Organix Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream. I really disliked this product until I cut all my hair off because it really needs to be used in excess. If this came in a bigger bottle, I would definitely buy another but right now it's a bit of a debate. To add to my list of tried conditioners, I finished up the Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Total Nourishing Care Daily Conditioner. I'm not sure this stands out as an exceptional product but it did the job. On the other hand the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque is a great nourishing treatment that also smells fantastic. I will repurchase when I've used up a few more products. I also had a brief stint with a John Frieda Frizz-Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir Sample.


Makeup

Just like this was a good using up skincare month, I also made a bit progress using up some makeup. I'm not a huge fan of the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint but it has finally worked its way out of my life. It's a nice liquid to powder finish but I really need a lot more coverage than this has to offer. I don't know many other feelings that are as fantastic as finishing a lip product and this month I used two! First was the MAC Cremesheen Glass in Dynasty at Dusk. This was my first MAC purchase and I adore it but it was getting a bit empty and old so it's time to go. I don't like the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya nearly as much but it provided an adequate sweep of peach colour until it melted itself into unusability. The Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara is a standard in my makeup collection. It may be a bit wet but it is very affordable and does what I need it to. Lastly, we have the Revlon Lash Potion Mascara which has a massive brush and a very wet formula that I will not be repurchasing.

And that calls an end to another empties post. What have you finished up recently?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment