Review | Origins GinZing Energy-boosting Moisturiser

Thursday, 4 December 2014


Skincare is one of those things I like to rotate with the seasons to make sure my skin is getting all the hydration and nutrients that it needs. As summer starts to warm up, I've swapped over to some lighter products including the much spoken about Origins GinZing Energy-boosting Moisturiser. After using it for a few weeks, I thought I'd add my voice to the rabble and share a review.


The first thing you notice about this product is the smell. It's a beautiful, fresh orange scent with a sharp ginger twist. It's very invigorating and makes this product great for the morning to wake you up. Origins calls this an 'Energy-boosting moisturiser' because "This lightweight, oil-free, skin energy drink, fortified with legendary skin-boosters like Panax Ginseng and Coffee Bean, jumpstarts hydration levels. Lackluster-looking skin is rapidly refreshed and revitalised to create a healthy, vibrant glow."

The ingredients list is bursting with delicious things like lemon, raspberry, grapefruit, jojoba, spearmint, shea butter, ginseng, rosemary, fennel, and others to provide hydration, revitalisation, and nutrients for the skin. Even better, this product lacks all the nasty ingredients like parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oil, PABA, petrolatum, paraffin, DEA, synthetic colour and  fragrance, and animal ingredients.

I'm really loving this product for giving a light boost of hydration to my skin twice a day after cleansing. While I think it's far to lightweight for the winter months, it suits my summer skin perfectly. I don't seem to notice any particular impact on my skin's 'energy' or glowiness, but I do like that it sinks in quickly and I don't need to use a whole lot to cover my whole complexion. I'm sure this will last me through to autumn wonderfully.

Have you tried this cult moisturiser?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment