Trending | 90s Nude Lip

Sunday, 16 November 2014


I know that I am well behind on this 90s nude lip trend but as it doesn't seem to be going away any time soon, I thought I would bring you my top picks for that brown-pink combo with a bit of a summer twist. They're all drugstore (and all Revlon!) so they're easily available and won't break the bank!


Three of these shades are from the Revlon Super Lustrous range of lipsticks which is one of my all time favourite drugstore ranges. They have a fantastic selection of colours and finishes that feel creamy and comfortable on the lips at all times. I raided my collection and found a few that fitted the bill for this trended but instead of leaning berry like many northern hemisphere bloggers, I tried for some pinky-corally tints.

First is the deepest pick, Blushing Nude. Just like the name suggests, it's a deep pink-nude that looks like a natural twist on the 90s brown-nude. Next is the most orange/coral of the selection and that's Soft Suede. This colour still has that nude undertone but with an orange addition to lighten and brighten for the summer months. If you are still craving that bit of berry, I also recommend Blushing Mauve; a rosy-mauve-nude shade that is so easy to where any time of year.

The last selection is from the Revlon ColorBurst range, which is sadly no longer available, but I wanted to include it anyway for a sheerer, more pink option to the others. Nude is almost the perfect my lips but better shade that adds a bit of colour and sparkle but keeps everything nice and natural. This kind of look is great if you want to dip your toe into the trend without going overboard.

Top to bottom: Blushing Mauve, Soft Suede, Blushing Nude, Nude

Have you jumped on this 90s nude bandwagon? What shades do you suggest?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment