Review | Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Total Nourishing Care Shampoo & Conditioner

Thursday, 13 November 2014


I'm someone who works their way through hair products like you wouldn't imagine. I have dry, super curly hair and an itchy dry scalp that I can never seem to get away from so I'm constantly on the search for something to give me the healthy hair and scalp that I crave. I recently saw this duo in the supermarket and, for the price, I thought it was worth a go. After using the products for a few weeks, here are my thoughts.

One of the main things I look to avoid with shampoo is that awful squeaky-clean, stripped feeling you get when you rinse it out. It's due to the product stripping your hair and upsetting its natural pH balance. I'm happy to report that the Total Nourishing Care does not do that! The shampoo leave my hair smooth and easy to manage so I'm not diving straight into the conditioner once I rinse it out.

I like to focus the shampoo on my roots and scalp to maximise the nourishing benefits and keep the stripping of my already very dry ends to a minimum. I also try not to use the shampoo more than once a week as my curly hair generally dislikes the effects of a super-clean sulphate bath.

The Total Nourishing Care Conditioner is one of the better ones in the drugstore that I've tried. It doesn't leave my roots greasy or my ends dry and frizzy. It smells good and makes my hair soft and easy to work with once I get out of the shower. This is a blessing when you have hair as unruly as mine! I know there are definitely more moisturising products out there and I tend to mix a moisturising treatment mask into the routine to make sure my hair is getting the hydration it needs.

The part I like most about these products is that it actually seems to be working to minimise the itching and irritation of my scalp. I find everything is a bit calmer, smoothed and not driving me crazy throughout the day. If you're looking for something that's going to nourish your scalp and your hair at the same time, this might be a line to look towards. They also make varieties for colour treated, frizzy, and flat hair.

I will warn you that these products do contain sulphates and silicones, like most drugstore hair products. I find that I'm comfortable using these chemicals on my hair but steer clear of these if you're not. I've included a complete list of ingredients below:

Shampoo -
Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 33 (CI 17200)

Conditioner -
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Zinc Pyrithione, DMDM Hydantoin, Zinc Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Red 33 (CI 17200)

Overall, I'm quite pleased with these products considering the affordable price and easy accessibility.

If you've got any suggestions or recommendations for new products to try, please let me know!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment