November Empties

Thursday, 20 November 2014


I haven't left nearly the same amount of time since my last empties as I did before so I don't have a mountain to show you this time around. I have used up a bit though so I'll show you what I have got and what I thought of each of the empty products.


Haircare


I really don't need to mention the Pantene Pro-V Intense Smoothening Leave on Creme but I'll give it a brief glance. This is my holy grail styling product for my curly hair and it appears in every empties post. I also tried out a hair oil, the Garnier Fructis Miraculous Oil. For a few weeks I used this every day in my damp hair before styling and it didn't last very long at all! Unfortunately, I didn't notice anything miraculous about this product and I don't think it really had any effect on my hair at all.

Skincare

The Garnier Gentle Cleansing Milk was released earlier this year and, in an attempt to add a bit of moisture into my makeup removal, I gave it a go. It's not the best makeup remover I've ever tried and it did sting a bit when trying to remove stubborn eye makeup but for the price and how gentle it was on my skin, not a bad buy. I'm currently obsessed with my Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil, though, so I won't be straying anytime soon. Speaking of the Body Shop, I used up the Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish which was a really lovely smelling face cleanser that was alright but left a bit of a tight feeling on my skin that I didn't enjoy. During the winter months I was combating some dry skin so I purchased the Aesop Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream to help me out. I love how soothing this product is in scent and feeling on the skin. It's very thick and moisturised my skin very well so I'll definitely be looking to it again next winter. Most people have heard of the Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips: they're pretty gross but they actually really work. This is the combination pack that includes nose and face strips. It's one of those products I always have on hand just in case.


Makeup

I haven't been using up a lot of makeup as usual but I did work my way through the Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder. You can see there's still a bit of product left but it is such a hassle to get it onto the brush that I'm just going to let it go. Face powders from the drugstore all work the same for me and this one is ridiculously expensive so I don't see myself picking it up again. I also used up the Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara. I purchased this when it first came out and it worked alright. Like most Covergirl mascaras, it looks fairly natural on the lashes while giving a bit of definition and length. I'm slowly turning into one of those people that is always applying hand cream so I quickly went through the Crabtree & Evelyn Lily Ultra Moisturising Hand Therapy. This has a nice light scent and absorbs quite quickly, exactly what you want from a hand cream. 

That's it! Those are all the products I've used up over the past month or so. If you're interested in reading my last empties, you can view that here.

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment