First Impressions | Origins Drink Up Intensive

Tuesday, 11 November 2014


After running out of all my skincare all at once, I decided to pick up some products I hadn't tried before to see how they would work with my skin. A product I've heard a lot about in the beauty community is the Origins Drink Up Intensive mask and, after giving it a sniff, I decided to bring it home with me. With the success of the Drink Up 10 minute mask, Origins released this overnight treatment for a more intense punch of hydration. After giving it a few tries, I thought I'd share with you how it's been working for my skin.

Firstly, I have to mention the scent: it is absolutely heavenly. Fruity, fresh, almost edible, I adore it. As shallow as that may sound, slathering this stuff on my skin gives me a special kind of joy when I can smell great doing it. Plus, the lovely scent is from the nutritious ingredients: apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, and mango butters.

This mask is designed for dry skin looking for an intense rehydration and repair session. With plant glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and Japanese seaweed, there are plenty of great ingredients to leave your skin plumb, fresh, and hydrated.

It's quite a thick mask that you apply directly to your freshly cleaned and moisturised face before you go to bed at night. Because it is so thick, try and apply it with enough time to sink into your skin or you'll end up with product all over your pillow!

I love how easy this product is that it doesn't require setting or rinsing off and you can use it just like an intense moisturiser two to three times a week. It appeals to the lazy pamperer that I am; I can do great things for my skin without any faffing around. I also really like how good my skin looks the next morning. It definitely feels plumper and refreshed, like I've spent a lot of money on a spa facial.

Perhaps this product is less necessary for me in the summer months when my skin isn't craving moisture as much but I'm really enjoying using it and will continue to!

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment