Face of the Day | A look fit for the screen

Tuesday, 18 November 2014


I am not a makeup artist. I am not studying it and I have no intention to pursue a career in makeup artistry. I adore makeup and talk about it all the time but I almost exclusively apply it to myself. When I get an opportunity to pretend for a bit, though, I really enjoy it and yesterday my really good friend, Julia, asked me to do her makeup for a screen test (wish her luck!) so I was more than happy to oblige. I thought I'd walk you through what products I used and how I achieved this look!

To prime, I started off with the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer all over the face and then layered the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation on top. For concealing under the eyes I went for the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer and, for on the face, the Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer. I set everything with the Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder and then moved on to the brows.

After a bit of a comb-through, I applied the Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette. This came out a bit darker than expected but we rolled with it! I set those with the Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara. The begin the eyes I primed with the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer and added a base of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded. For colour I used the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Pink Sapphire with Sable from the Lorac Pro Palette on the outer corner. To brighten the inner corner I went for Nude from the same palette. Liner on the lower lash line included Rimmel Scandel'Eyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Bronze smudged out and the same pencil in Nude along the waterline. Upper lashes were lined with the Maybelline Gel Liner in Blackest Black painted into a flick with Lancome Hypnose Mascara on top and bottom lashes.

To finish off the face I used the Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder to warm up the complexion, L'Oreal True Match Blush in Sandalwood Pink, and Benefit High Beam on the cheek bones.

Lastly, on the lips I applied the Essence Lip Liner in Cute Pink and topped it off with a a few layers of L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Rose Finale.

My brushes were a mix of Sigma, Furless, Bdellium, and a few brand-less ones.

And we're done! I really enjoyed getting the chance to play around with makeup with my friend and I think she was happy with the look.

Do your friends ask you to do their makeup, too? What kind of looks do you like creating?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment