What's in my Travel Makeup Bag?

Friday, 3 October 2014


This week I am very excited to be travelling to Brisbane for the Festival of Australian Student Theatre. Not only have I never been to FAST before, I've also never been to Queensland and it's scheduled to be a beautiful week! So, to get myself a bit more psyched up for the trip I thought I'd show you the makeup products I'm planning on packing with me.




The Base -

I really love a flawless even base so I tend to use a lot of products to achieve my desired effect. I start with a standard primer, I'm currently using the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer because I heard rave reviews. On top of that I put my beloved NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I've only had this product for a few weeks but I have truly fallen in love. It makes my skin look perfect! For concealing I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes and Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer for blemishes and redness. If I need a bit of powdering then I reach for my very well-used Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder. I'm really hoping this bad boy doesn't shatter on the plane! For colour I grab my rediscovered MAC Blush in Ripe for Love and highlight over top with Benefit High Beam. That's my base done!


The Eyes - 

The eyes are a place where I need a bit of variety when I travel. I like being able to mix it up and change things around depending what I'm doing that day or night. I'm also bringing a few newer products to see how I like them. Staring off with the bases, I'm bringing the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer and a Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded. These are my go-to bases and will work with any look I choose to put on top. Then I have my palette of choice: the Lorac Pro Palette. This has a fantastic array of mattes and shimmers to give me the most variety. But I've also decided to include my new NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow in Himalia. This gives the most beautiful golden-shimmery-bronze wash on the lids that I couldn't leave home without it. I'm packing four eyeliners for various reasons. My trusty Maybelline Gel Liner in Blackest Black for the upper lash line and the Essence Bloom Me Up! Duo Eyepencil for highlighting. For smudging along the lower lash line I'm bringing a choice of two browns: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Underground for a more shimmery taupe, great for night, and the Make-Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Pencil in 19L for a light brown look, great for daytime. Last on the eyes is mascara and I'm just bringing the one I have open at the moment, Covergirl Flamed Out.

I can't forget the brows! Only two products this time around: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown for shape and the Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara for setting. They're the only two products I need!


The Lips -

I'm actually not letting myself go crazy with the lip products this time so I can keep at least one aspect of my makeup simple. I have been adoring the L'Oreal Color Riche Extraordinaires recently so I'm taking along Rose Finale. For a slightly more peach option, I've packed the MAC Cremesheen Glass in Dynasty at Dusk which is a lovely sparkly colour. If I want something slightly punchier for nighttime, I've got the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Stellar, a hot orange-coral-red. Lastly, a simple daytime pink with the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. I have all bases covered!

Now, that may seem like an awful lot of makeup but I can assure you that I will need it all! Are you going on holiday soon? What makeup do you plan on packing?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment