Top 3 Spring Scents

Wednesday, 22 October 2014


Spring is such a wonderful time when the sun starts warming up the earth and the air, flowers start blooming, and it's like the world wakes up again. After the warm, musky scents of winter, I like bringing out lighter, fruitier scents to welcome in a new season. Here are the three I've been reaching for the most recently and remind me of spring.

Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! Sunsheer Edition is a light reimagining of Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! and has a lovely fruity-floral scent that is generally lighter and more suited to spring than its predecessor. With top notes of raspberry, strawberry, and pear this scent is youthful and fruity but carries a sophistication with its heart of florals: peony, magnolia, and cyclamen. The final punch comes from its base notes of vanilla, sandalwood, and tonka which gives the scent a weight that makes it one to remember. This is my favourite scent to put on in the morning when I know I've got a long day ahead and need my perfume to last.

If I'm in need of something lighter for an easy, relaxing day, I love using the Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Mist. This smells just like warm peaches and drags me straight into summer when everything is ripe and sweet. It includes peach extracts and Community Fair Trade sugarcane essence to give it a sweet kick. As a body mist, the scent doesn't last but I have absolutely no problem with spraying this more than once throughout the day. I can even imagine myself carrying it in my bag for top-ups while I'm out.

For nighttime I like to go a bit deeper and more sophisticated with Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb. This scent is much heavier and carries a real floral kick. The heart is a mix of sambac jasmine, centifolia rose, freesia, and cattleya orchid but the warmth of the musk and patchouli base gives it the depth that is so recognisable in this scent. With the mixture of floral and warmth, I wear this scent all year but I particularly like it for summer nights out when the florals mix with the warm air into something marvellous.

What scents do you reach for at this time of year?

xx Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment