the Makeup Addict Tag

Friday, 31 October 2014


About this time last month I was scrolling through Bloglovin' and came across Kat's Makeup Addict Tag. I'm always a fan of a good tag (even if no one tags me) so I thought this would be a good way to end my blogging everyday in October adventure! As though you haven't already discovered my makeup obsession this month, here are some questions to seal the deal.


1. Which product do you still keep buying more of despite having plenty in your collection?


Both coral lip products and taupe eyeshadows. They're my two favourite colours of their respective fields and they're all just different enough for me to buy them all, right?

2. What's the one product you couldn't live without?

Hands down, mascara. I just look plain silly with my glasses on and no mascara. I need something to give my eyes definition and widen them a bit or they'll get lost behind my frames.

3. Favourite makeup brand?

I'm currently having a bit of a love affair with NARS. I can't seem to get enough of their new collections and I definitely have some catching up to do with their permanent collection. From the drugstore, I also love Rimmel and Maybelline.

4. How big is your makeup collection?

Over the past two years that I've been involved in the beauty blogger community, it has definitely grown and continues to. Most of my non-beauty obsessed friends think it is far too large but I'm happy that it's a collection I can manage and one I'll probably work my way through.

5. And how do you store it?

I, like almost everybody, have an IKEA Alex 9-drawer unit to keep all my makeup and nail polish (and some other bits and bobs). I store my makeup brushes in some little floral print cans (also from IKEA) on my desk where I do my makeup every morning.

6. How many items of makeup have you got in your handbag at the moment?

Surprisingly, not that many! A lip liner and three different lip balms. I usually switch my handbag stash out quite regularly depending on what my day looks like and what I'm wearing makeup-wise. I always have my lipstick of choice and sometimes a powder, too.

7. If you could raid another blogger's stash, who would it be?

Probably Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup. She has such a beautiful collection of eyeshadows and palettes that it just makes me drool! Plus she appreciates the importance of quality brow products.

8. How long does your usual makeup routine take and how many products do you use?

It may sound crazy but I usually try to leave myself about half an hour in the morning to do my makeup which allows me to be a bit creative if I feel like it. The number of products is a bit more embarrassing: anywhere between 15-20 different products depending on how much effort I'm putting in on any given day.

9. Have you ever bought makeup knowing you wouldn't use it?

As much as I love being part of the beauty blogging community and being able to offer my readers reviews of new launches and exciting products, it's very important to me that the products I own are products I will use. I cannot justify wasting product, money, and space on something I'm not going to use outside of a blog post. That being said, the closest I've come has been buying products that simply weren't seasonally appropriate and having to wait until the weather turned.

10. Tag a few other makeup addicts to do the tag:

I'll tag More than Adored and Bonnie from BonnieBeautyxo but also anyone reading who wants to do the tag!

xx Julia

4 comments

  1. Love this! I'm so glad you replied to me on Twitter! I followed you when you were doing youtube and stepped away from the beauty community this summer since I had NO TIME whatsoever with work! I'm loving your posts! Looking forward to many more; I'm adding you to me reading list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, nice to run into you again! I'm glad you enjoy my content and I hope to keep you interested haha

      Delete
  2. I love these kinds of tags, as it's nice to learn a little more about you and they are always fun to read :)
    I too am having a love affair with NARS. I seriously can't get enough! Do I need more NARS lipstick? No, but it doesn't stop me filling my Mecca basket with them. Gah!
    Great read x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I am eyeing so many NARS Audacious lipsticks, it's ridiculous!

      Delete